SPRING into action TODAY!
Choose to Move, Read, Serve or Create to support your School!
- Choose, plan and follow through with activities you want to do!
- Compete for prizes by setting satisfying sponsorship goals!
- Make a difference at Sebastopol Charter School by participating!
See our Spring-A-Thon page HERE for details on how to participate.
What are you going to choose? We can’t wait to find out!
Oh such lovely prizes… be sure to compete & win!
Are you going to earn one (or MORE!) of our great Spring-A-Thon prizes?! We’re betting that you will! Our amazing local businesses continue to support our school & bring inspiring prizes to compliment our fun Spring event! Which prizes are you aiming for?
🏆 Our top 3 “Springers” that raise the highest total of sponsorship support will win ONE of the following awesome gift certificates:
- 🚲$150 GC for The Bike Peddler in Santa Rosa
- 🖼 $150 GC for Art & Soul of Sebastopol, OR
- 🎼$150 GC for Peoples’ Music in Sebastopol
🏆 Earn $150 from sponsors and be entered to win:
- 🧢 A hand-painted baseball cap donated by SCS family business DomChi Designs
- 🎨 A painting kit donated by from DomChi Designs
- 🏕 A yearly Parks Pass from Sonoma County Regional Parks
🏆 ALL participants in our Spring-A-Thon win a FREE COOKIE at Sebastopol Cookie Co. 🍪
Thank you to our sponsors!
The Charter Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public nonprofit corporation. We use the funds we raise to cover the gap in expenses between what the state provides and what it costs to maintaining our school’s facilities, hire high quality faculty, and implement the meaningful Waldorf programming that makes up our curriculum.
A new approach for a new Era
The COVID-19 global pandemic brings challenges and opportunities we’ve never experienced as human beings. We at the Charter Foundation are grateful for Sebastopol Charter School’s strong network of compassionate people that support and hold each other in security and connection. We are sharing stories, recipes, and ideas to help each other adapt to our new home lives and remote learning, we are supporting each others’ local businesses, and we are cherishing what we have. It’s time to expand that network now, for the good of our community and the world in general.
Though we have a strong history of financial stability due to the generosity of school families all along the way, these currently changing conditions require us to adapt. Limitations to our ability to hold fundraising events coupled with reductions to our Pledge Program, as a direct result of the pandemic, have already impacted our financial health, and so will impact the levels of support we can provide to Sebastopol Charter School.
More critically, the economic climate is forecasting a startling reduction in funding for the School’s budget this year. These conditions mean that Sebastopol Charter School will depend on the Charter Foundation more than ever before in its history to provide the security of funding needed to continue providing our current Waldorf curriculum.
Click here to learn more about what you can do right now to support our school and keep #SebastopolCharterStrong.
Here’s what you can do to help:
- Donate as generously as possible, if you are in a position to do so
- Share our social media posts on your pages, far and wide among your network
- Encourage your extended family, friends, or employers to make a donation/match if they are able, through direct outreach
- Use the #SebastopolCharterStrong in all of your social media posts and tag us in posts @sebastopolcharter
- Like us on FaceBook at: https://www.facebook.com/SebastopolCharter/
- Follow us on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/SebastopolCharter/
- Prepare to provide inspirational material for us about why YOU find Sebastopol Charter School worth supporting….we’ll be wanting that soon!
“Life and leadership encompass more than bottom-line concerns but include caring for one another and holding our community together. None of us knows how any of this will turn out, but I believe there’s a not insignificant possibility our economy and society will be dramatically changed by this pandemic, and all we can control is how we accord ourselves during this time of crisis.” – Bob Haroche, CF Vice President
“I realize there’s an important distinction between social connection and social solidarity. Social connection means feeling empathetic toward others and being kind to them. That’s fine in normal times. Social solidarity is more tenacious. It’s an active commitment to the common good – the kind of thing needed in times like now.” – New York Times Opinion Columnist David Brooks
The Charter Foundation is the fundraising organization for Sebastopol Charter School, a Public Waldorf charter school in Sebastopol, California. Established by the school’s founders in 1996, the Foundation is charged with the mission of establishing and supporting a permanent, Public Waldorf charter school. Since that time the Charter Foundation has provided facilities for the School, bolstered teacher salaries and student programming, while also saving for the acquisition and construction of our unified school site.
The primary fundraising vehicle of the Foundation is the parent Pledge Program. The Foundation also manages varying other fundraising events throughout the year.
The Charter Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Federal Tax ID # 94-3314538.