Outcomes of your awesome Spring-A-Thon Work!
With ¼ of our school population participating, we earned $14,926!
This fundraiser succeeded in rallying not only many students, but also their parents, extended families, friends and neighbors, to care about our school’s strength by proudly showcasing their own care and willingness to help!
- To our Student Springers and their supportive parents for choosing to get involved and engaging hundreds of friends and family to support THEIR work Moving, Reading, Serving or Creating over Spring Break as a FUNdraiser for SCS!
- To the many SCS families who gave general donations in lieu of participation, raising a generous total of $2,000 which was then included in our total!
- To our Local “Donor Match” businesses, Art and Soul of Sebastopol, People’s Music, and Northern Light Surf Shop!
WE NEED YOUR INPUT if we’re going to know how to meet your fundraising interests, whether through the Spring-A-Thon as it exists, or an updated version. Won’t you please take this BRIEF, anonymous survey to help guide our plans for next year?
The Charter Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public nonprofit corporation. We use the funds we raise to cover the gap in expenses between what the state provides and what it costs to maintaining our school’s facilities, hire high quality faculty, and implement the meaningful Waldorf programming that makes up our curriculum.
A new approach for a new Era
The COVID-19 global pandemic brought challenges and opportunities we’ve never experienced as human beings. We at the Charter Foundation are grateful for Sebastopol Charter School’s strong network of compassionate people that support and hold each other in security and connection. We have shared our stories, recipes, and ideas to help each other adapt to our ever changing circumstances. We continue to support each others’ local businesses, and we are cherishing all that we have. It’s time to expand that network now, for the good of our community and the world in general.
Sebastopol Charter School depends on the Charter Foundation to provide the security of funding needed to continue providing our current Waldorf curriculum.
Here’s what you can do right now to support our school and keep #SebastopolCharterStrong:
- Donate as generously as possible, if you are in a position to do so
- Share our social media posts on your pages, far and wide among your network
- Encourage your extended family, friends, or employers to make a donation/match if they are able, through direct outreach
- Use the #SebastopolCharterStrong in all of your social media posts and tag us in posts @sebastopolcharter
- Like us on FaceBook at: https://www.facebook.com/SebastopolCharter/
- Follow us on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/SebastopolCharter/
- Prepare to provide inspirational material for us about why YOU find Sebastopol Charter School worth supporting….we’ll be wanting that soon!
“Life and leadership encompass more than bottom-line concerns but include caring for one another and holding our community together. None of us knows how any of this will turn out, but I believe there’s a not insignificant possibility our economy and society will be dramatically changed by this pandemic, and all we can control is how we accord ourselves during this time of crisis.” – Bob Haroche, CF Honorary Board Member
“I realize there’s an important distinction between social connection and social solidarity. Social connection means feeling empathetic toward others and being kind to them. That’s fine in normal times. Social solidarity is more tenacious. It’s an active commitment to the common good – the kind of thing needed in times like now.” – New York Times Opinion Columnist David Brooks
The Charter Foundation is the fundraising organization for Sebastopol Charter School, a Public Waldorf charter school in Sebastopol, California. Established by the school’s founders in 1996, the Foundation is charged with the mission of establishing and supporting a permanent, Public Waldorf charter school. Since that time the Charter Foundation has provided facilities for the School, bolstered teacher salaries and student programming, while also saving for the acquisition and construction of our unified school site.
The primary fundraising vehicle of the Foundation is the parent Pledge Program. The Foundation also manages varying other fundraising events throughout the year.
The Charter Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Federal Tax ID # 94-3314538.