Graphic design created by Sean McGuire, SCS parent of 2
Saturday, May 6, 2023
Get ready for the SCS/CF May Faire Festival!
In this message, you’ll find information and links relating to:
- How it works for SCS families and for the Public
- Fun and helpful engagement opportunities
- What the day looks like
HOW IT WORKS FOR SCS FAMILIES AND THE PUBLIC:
⭐Schedule of the Day⭐
8am-10am ~ Event and Vendor set-up
9:10am-9:45am ~ Garland making– SCS students (ONLY) make their free garlands*
***(EVERY FAMILY BRINGS FLOWERS THAT MORNING to supply this)***
10am-11am ~ Maypole Dance– SCS Community and extended families only
11am-3pm ~ ALL May Faire Festival booths OPEN to welcome the public!
3pm-5pm ~ Event clean up– the more the merrier!
⭐Admission and Pricing⭐
- NO ENTRANCE FEE REQUIRED, but donations are gratefully accepted for a suggested $5/person or $20/family to help sustain this event as a viable Fundraiser for Sebastopol Charter School
- ACTIVITY LANYARDS will be sold for $25 by all attendees, SCS and public, to access and enjoy Class Booth offerings, the Donkey Ride, and the Pocket Lady. The Photo booth and Food/Beverages will be available for sale separately for all guests while it lasts!
- SINGLE ACTIVITY TICKETS will be sold for $1.25 each by all attendees, SCS and public, to access and enjoy Class Booth offerings, the Donkey Ride, and the Pocket Lady a la carte. The Photo booth and Food/Beverages will be available for sale separately for all guests while it lasts!
- ENJOY THE FESTIVAL ON A BUDGET~ Many offerings like performances, storytelling and gaga ball are free to all attendees. Pack a lunch, enjoy a story and take joy in the activities!
FUN AND HELPFUL ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
There are many signup opportunities and needs for each of the respective classes. If you haven’t seen or received communication about your class’ role yet, you can check in with your class CF Reps and offer your valuable support which they will SURELY appreciate from their very busy positions as behind-the-scenes organizers.
⭐Other Ways to Engage⭐
- Calling all volunteers, equipment, and supplies! For anyone interested in offering pre-event support in the form of supplies needed for other classes holding larger projects, AND for anyone able to lend a hand in more general, non-class-specific ways on the day before or day of the event, THIS SIGN-UP GENIUS has many diverse ways to contribute time, ingredients or equipment
- Calling all crafters and makers! If you would like to set up a table and sell your wares as a SCS Community Vendor at the May Faire from 11-3, here is the Vendor Form where you can apply for a spot! Questions? Contact Camelia Patiño at email@example.com
- Calling all performers! To claim a performance opportunity on our small stage between 11am-3pm, whether it’s family, friend, or student talent, email Jill@theCharterFoundation.org with your interest and details about your act!
- Calling Apple Blossom Parade merrymakers! On April 29, we invite SCS families to have fun walking/skating/biking/stilting as ambassadors for Sebastopol Charter School and our May Faire. Join the parade by following this link to learn more and sign up with Parade Parent Leader Edda Loranger!
ALL THE WAYS TO ENJOY THE EVENT:
Our May Faire Festival includes many fun interactive activities and special SCS community talent performances, which includes each class providing a booth offering as a fundraising opportunity for the CF and SCS. Abundant activities will include:
- Cake walk
- Carnival games & prizes
- Donkey rides
- Face painting
- Garland making
- Hair feathers & temporary tattoos
- Petting zoo
- Photo vignette
- Planting seedlings & painting pots
- Pocket lady
- SCS Community Marketplace
- Plus, a delicious lunch menu designed by chefs at Old Possum Brewing Co, assorted beverages, fresh-popped popcorn, treats, and the May Faire tradition of fresh strawberry shortcake!
Thanks for playing your part, we’re looking forward to enjoying and sharing in the joy of this event, returning in its full glory after a four year break.
💐Whee!!!! See you on the other side of spring break, ready to make some hay together while the sun is shining.🌞